The Passport to the World Program enables the College of Arts & Sciences to embark on year-long explorations of the culture and history of a particular region or country. The program engages our community in crucial global conversations through public lectures, cultural events, coursework, and travel opportunities.
The University of Kentucky Libraries International Programs collaborates with the Passport to the World Program to celebrate the culture and history of the featured region or country. Events and virtual exhibits are listed below.
Browse the Passport to the World Collections:
- Reimagining Russia's Realms Events
- Snapshot of Pre Soviet Russia: Russian Postcards from 1900-1910
- Soviet Cold War-era Posters
- A Glimpse into Ancient Mexico: Writings of the Aztecs, Mixtec and Maya
- Alebrijes of Oaxaca, Mexico
- Indigenous Clothing--Huipiles
- Scenes from Mexico: A Selection of Postcards from the UK Library Collection
- The Mexican Revolution: An Exhibition
- Arabian Roots: The Pedigree of Kentucky Thoroughbreds
- Middle Eastern Passage: Calligraphic Manuscripts from University of Kentucky Libraries Special Collections
- Taking in Strangers: Comparing Asian and Jewish Moral Traditions
- Touring the Ottoman Empire: Postcards from the Middle East 1904-1908
- Year of the Middle East Events