UKnowledge > College of Agriculture, Food and Environment > Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering > Faculty Publications
Author’s Rights/Copyright Information:
- Author must own copyright to materials submitted to depository, or have been authorized by the copyright holder(s) to upload it for distribution.
- Author retains copyright and is free to reuse the content elsewhere.
- In placing materials in UKnowledge the author grants the university a non-exclusive, perpetual right to use the digital assets for non-commercial use.
- Many publishers’ policies on posting articles are available at the SHERPA/RoMEO site.
- If the publisher is not listed on the site, then it will be necessary to contact them directly. Suggested templates for permission requests are available at the SHERPA site.
- Author(s) of work(s) own the copyright unless transferred to another.
- Many publishers ask that author(s) transfer their rights, but authors do have options other than giving up their copyright ownership entirely.
- Author’s can negotiate with publishers to retain certain rights.
- For more information on author’s rights consult SPARC (Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition).