This report summarizes the results of task 1 of the KWRRI Kentucky River Basin Water Supply Assessment Study. The KWRRI study was requested by the Kentucky River Authority in order to provide a basis for management decisions for the Kentucky River Basin. This study was necessitated as a result of unexamined or changing conditions that could significantly impact the conclusions and recommendations of the previous HARZA studies (Harza, et al, 1990; Harza, et al, 1991.)
Among the unexamined or changed conditions are the following:
1. New population forecasts.
2. Impacts of water rates on consumption.
3. Impacts of demand curtailment and reduction.
4. Impacts of migration of off-stem users to the Kentucky River.
5. Variance of the minimum flow requirement for Pool Nine.
6. Possible installation of low-flow release valves in locks 9-14.
7. Consideration of temporary crest gates for pools 9-14.
Kentucky Water Resources Research Institute, "Kentucky River Basin Water Supply Assessment Study" (1996). KWRRI Research Reports. 221.