After this lesson, participants will:
- Understand why bread, cereal, rice, and pasta (grains) are an important part of your daily diet.
- Know the number of ounce equivalents she needs daily from the Grain group and how many of these should be whole grains.
- Identify recommended serving sizes of foods in the Grain group.
- Name at least one way to stretch the food dollar when purchasing bread and cereal products.
- Identify high- and low-calorie choices from the Grain group.
- Plan and serve meals that include enriched or whole grain breads and cereals.
- Name two ways to store grain products.
- Calculate how much dry rice or pasta it will take to feed four people.
Daly-Koziel, Kathy and Walters, Jackie, "Grain Group [Facilitator's Guide]" (2006). Family and Consumer Sciences Publications. 19.