The VAD Journal is a multidisciplinary forum for all subspecialties in the field of mechanical assisted circulation and advanced heart failure. It is created with the purpose of enabling rapid dissemination of swift and unbiased reviews of new findings and ideas for all interested parties.
Articles published from 2014 to 2016 are listed below. Scroll down to the end of the page to see the articles published in 2017.
Volume 1, 2014/15Editorial
- Use of Social Media as a Virtual Community and Support Group by Left Ventricular Assist Device (LVAD) Patients
- Massive Pulmonary Embolism with Hemodynamic Compromise Successfully Treated with Veno-Arterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
- Low-dose Vitamin K can Improve Warfarin Control in Patients on LVAD Support
- Damaging Cardiac and Cancer Genetic Variants in the LVAD Population
- Left Ventricular Assist Device as Destination Therapy
- What Did We Learn About VADs in 2014?
- Inotropes Are Not Linked to Increased Mortality in Heart Failure
- Inotropes Are Linked to Increased Mortality in Heart Failure
- Renal Replacement Therapy in Patients with Left Ventricular Assist Device: What do the Cardiologists Need to Know?
- Old School Still Has Merit: ECG as a Marker of Cardiac Recovery at Weaning from Mechanical Circulatory Support
- Successful Left Ventricular Assist Device Support in Patient with Bjork-Shiley Mitral Valve Replacement
- ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction in Patient with Left Ventricular Assist Device
- VeraFlo Negative Pressure Wound Therapy with Household Bleach for Refractory Driveline Infection in a Patient with Left Ventricular Assist Device
- Chronic Hemodialysis in a Patient with Left Ventricular Assist Device
- Chronic LDH Elevation after Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation
- Systemic candidiasis and cytomegalovirus infection in the setting of artificial cardiac device deployment
- Early Manifestations of Atrial Tamponade in a Patient Implanted with SynCardia Total Artificial Heart
- Old Dog, New Tricks - Usefulness of the ECG in Monitoring Acute Rejection Post Cardiac Transplantation
- Surgical Considerations of LVAD Implantation in Patients with Prosthetic Valves
- Commentary on "Systemic candidiasis and cytomegalovirus infection in the setting of artificial cardiac device deployment"
Volume 2, 2016Editorial
- Development and Pilot-Testing of a Patient Decision Aid for Left Ventricular Assist Device Placement
- Decrease in Driveline Infections with Change in Driveline Management Protocol
- Pulmonary Congestion (White Lungs) on VA ECMO
- Bleeding and Thromboembolic Events in Patients With HeartMate II Mechanical Circulatory Support
- A Protocol for Collecting Human Cardiac Tissue for Research
- Exploring Body Mass Index Changes in Left Ventricular Assist Device Patients
- Outcomes of external repair of HeartMate II™ LVAD percutaneous leads
- Caregiver Burden is Low Nine to Twelve Months after Ventricular Assist Device Implantation
- Adverse Events in Continuous-Flow LVAD Recipients: Gastrointestinal Bleeding is Still Notable?
- Tolerability of Intermittent Hemodialysis in a Cohort of Patients with Left Ventricular Assist Device
- Favorable Outcomes of LVAD as Bridge to Simultaneous Heart-Kidney Transplantation
- What Did We Learn about VADs in 2015?
- VA-ECMO in Cardiogenic Shock in Adults: Indications and Outcomes
- Incidence of Pump Thrombosis in HeartMate II during Destination Therapy
- Total Artificial Heart Imaging and Complications: a Pictorial Review
- Fulminant Necrotizing Eosinophilic Myocarditis: A Case Report and Comprehensive Literature Review
- Temporary And Durable Mechanical Circulatory Support For Single Ventricular Failure in an Adult
- Orthotopic heart transplant following implantation of a systemic ventricular assist device in a patient with congenitally corrected transposition of the great arteries and dextrocardia situs inversus totalis
- The Utility of Remote Hemodynamic Monitoring Devices in Patients with a Ventricular Assist Device
- Normal Lactate Dehydrogenase Does Not Exclude Pump Thrombosis in Left Ventricular Assist Devices
- Acute Appendicitis: A Potential Complication of Continuous-Flow Left Ventricular Assist Device Support
- Ligation of The Outflow Graft of The Left Ventricular Assist Device for Management of Hemolysis Due to Pump Thrombosis
- CardioMEMS™ in LVAD Patients: A Case Series
- The Utility of Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography after Left Ventricular Assist Device Implant: A Case Report
- Fever of Unknown Origin in Patient after Left Ventricular Assist Device Implantation
Current Volume: Volume 3 (2017)
Common clinical dilemmas in left ventricular assist device therapy: A glimpse into current trends
Ahmet Kilic, Michael S. Kiernan, Meredith A. Brisco-Bacik, Sangjin Lee, Behzad Soleimani, Aditya Bansal, Igor Gosev, Peter Eckman, Brian Lima, Brian Bethea, Chetan B. Patel, Jason N. Katz, Jonathan D. Rich, and Susan M. Joseph