Download Full Text (2.6 MB)
This electronic textbook (eBook) accompanies NS801, Precision Nutrition and Advanced Culinary Medicine, a 1-credit, 8-week online medical elective course for the University of Kentucky College of Medicine Office of Medical Education. The eBook provides module-based background information including text, tables, and figures to support each module of the online course:
- Culinary Challenges Preparation
- Emerging Concepts in Precision Nutrition
- Cardiovascular Disease & Nutritional Considerations
- Neurological and Mental Health Disorders & Nutritional Considerations
- Cancer & Nutritional Considerations
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Health, Microbiome & Nutritional Considerations
- Renal Conditions & Nutritional Considerations
As an open access textbook supported by the University of Kentucky Libraries Alternative Textbook program, all sources are linked and readily available.
University of Kentucky Libraries
About the Author(s)
Sara B. Police is an assistant professor at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. She develops and teaches graduate and professional-level nutritional sciences lectures and courses and serves as Director of Nutritional Sciences Education and Director of the Online Graduate Certificate in Applied Nutrition and Culinary Medicine. She is the recipient of two University of Kentucky Libraries Alternative Textbook Grants (2019, 2021) and the 2021 Outstanding Teaching Award.
Police, Sara B., "Precision Nutrition and Advanced Culinary Medicine" (2021). Pharmacology and Nutritional Sciences Textbook Gallery. 1.