A report on coal viability and other natural resources in Central City, Madisonville, Calhoun, and Newburg Quadrangles (in Muhlenberg, Hopkins, Ohio, McLean, Webster, Daviess, and Henderson Counties), Kentucky.
- General Geology - pp 3 - 27
- Central City Quadrangle - pp 28 - 68
- Madisonville Quadrangle - pp 69 - 98
- Calhoun Quadrangle - pp 99 - 116
- Newberg Quadrangle - pp 117 - 127
Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
Insert/pocket includes 29 hand-drawn figures of different core samples:
- Figure 1: Newberg 24, Section of Dr. Oldham Shaft
- Figure 2: Newberg 8, Section in air shaft of Bluff City Coal Mine
- Figure 3: Newberg 14, Section, Lion Coal Co.
- Figure 4: Newberg 26, Coxon, Connoly & Conway Mine, Spottsville, Ky.
- Figure 5: Central City 12, Section of Dovey Shaft
- Figure 6: Central City 128, Central City Mine, Second Shaft
- Figure 7: Central City 255, Ky Midland Coal Company, Test No. 5
- Figure 8: Central City 74, Moody Coal Co, Record Shaft, South Carrolton
- Figure 9: Central City 79, Shaft, W.P. Roberts Coal Company
- Figure 10: Central City 116, Shelby Gish, Test Well No. 4, near Kinchloe Ferry
- Figure 11: Central City 181, Ewart & Halstead Well No. 2, near Point Pleasant, J.S. Kirtley Farm
- Figure 12: Central City 182, Well on W.J. Medkes Farm, 1/2 miles west of Point Pleasant
- Figure 13: Central City 240, I. Bailey, Test Drill, Muhlenberg County
- Figure 14: Central City 247, Test No. 8, Ky. Midland Coal Co., Chas. Gish farm
- Figure 15: Central City 251, Test No. 7. Ky. Midland Coal Co.
- Figure 16: Central City 257, Test No. 4, Ky. Midland Coal Co. Wood Gossett Farm
- Figure 17: Central City 323, Test No. 2, Worth Bells Farm, Gallatin Coal & Coke Co.
- Figure 18: Central City 347, Test No. 3, Watt Taylors Farm, Gallatin Coal & Coke Co.
- Figure 19: Central City 348, Test No. 4, Coffman Farm. Gallatin Coal & Coke Co.
- Figure 20: Central City 352, Test No. 2, Nat Linley Farm, Gallatin Coal & Coke Co.
- Figure 21: Central City 404, Pierce & Bridges Well Near Island, Ky.
- Figure 22: Calhoun 25, Gen'l Section of Coombs, Lawson, O'Bryon Shafts. W. Louisville.
- Figure 23: Calhoun 95, Shaft at Coraville, W.M. Hayes
- Figure 24: Calhoun 103, Utopia Sect. Bluff City, McClean Co.
- Figure 25: Calhoun 21, Record Shaft, Stilling's Mine
- Figure 26: Calhoun 34, General Section
- Figure 27: Test Well at Orton
- Figure 28: Madisonville 150, Drill Hole, T.M. Jones
- Figure 29: Madisonville 111, Section Reincke Coal Co. Mine
Hutchinson, F.M., 1912, Report on the Geology and Coals of the Central City, Madisonville, Calhoun, and Newberg Quadrangles (in Muhlenberg, Hopkins, Ohio, McLean, Webster, Daviess, and Henderson Counties): Kentucky Geological Survey, ser. 3, Bulletin 19, 127p.