The Division of Research is responsible for:
- Developing and carrying out a comprehensive research program on all aspects of transportation engineering and operations.
- Maintaining lateral communication and coordination with other segments of the Department of Transportation regarding the development and conduct of research studies and special investigations of various operational and engineering problems.
- Maintaining relations and cooperating with universities, professional organizations, and other transportation agencies; evaluating and reporting the research experiences of those agencies; and utilizing their findings directly or with further research for the benefit of the Kentucky Department of Transportation.
- Maintaining an up-to-date library of research findings on various transportation activities throughout the world.
- Reporting and documenting pertinent data and performance of experimental designs and construction features undertaken by other divisions and offices in the Department.
Digital Object Identifier
Havens, James H., "Highway Research" (1980). Kentucky Transportation Center Research Report. 795.