After teaching this lesson, expect the homemaker to:
- Offer healthy choices to the children
- Understand the relationship between good nutrition and healthy growth.
- Follow the Dietary Guidelines when planning meals and snacks for her family.
- Serve appropriately sized portions to the children.
- Offer new foods to her children.
- Teach her children to make healthy choices in restaurants.
- Understand food jags and choosy eaters.
- Encourage family meals.
- Offer breakfast to the children within two hours of their waking.
- Encourage her family to be physically active.
Moore, Louise and Walters, Jackie, "Feeding Children" (2009). Family and Consumer Sciences Publications. 69.