Lesson Goals After this lesson, participants will:
- Understand why calcium is an important nutrient for people of all ages.
- Identify calcium-rich foods from all food groups.
- Plan a balanced meal high in calcium to meet family needs.
- Name several ways to stretch the food dollar when purchasing calcium-rich foods.
- Practice at least three methods of preparing foods in the Milk Group (Dairy Group).
Daly-Koziel, Kathy and Walters, Jackie, "Milk Group: Get Your Calcium-Rich Foods! [Facilitator's Guide]" (2006). Family and Consumer Sciences Publications. 35.