After this lesson, participants will:
- Explain why fruits are an important part of the daily diet.
- Know the recommended daily amount of fruits for their eating plans.
- Know the recommended serving sizes for fruits.
- Identify fruits rich in vitamins A and C.
- Serve fruits rich in vitamin A and C to meet the family’s needs.
- Identify fruits rich in iron and potassium.
- Serve fruits rich in iron and potassium to meet the family’s needs.
- Serve fruits of many different colors.
- Try a new method of cooking or serving a fruit.
- Name at least one way to stretch the food dollar when purchasing fruits.
Daly-Koziel, Kathy and Walters, Jackie, "Fruit Group: Focus on Fruits [Facilitator's Guide]" (2006). Family and Consumer Sciences Publications. 26.