To prevent injuries while driving vehicles across railroad tracks:
- A hazard assessment should be performed before crossing railroad tracks.
- Safety belts should be used while driving.
- Commercial vehicles should not be stopped on railroad tracks.
- Braking mechanism checks should be performed before commercial vehicles enter roadways.
- Cell phones should not be utilized while driving.
- Employers should provide employees training on railway traffic safety.
Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center, "Workers Struck by Trains While Driving" (2007). Kentucky Haz Alerts--Motor Vehicle. 8.