To Prevent Driver Distraction,
- Provide training on the importance of being attentive and not engaging in distracting tasks or behaviors while driving
- Develop policies that minimize or eliminate the use of in-vehicle devices while driving
- Not use dispatching devices while driving
- Not text or manually dial a cell phone while driving
- Refrain from activities such as reading, writing or map reading while driving
Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center, "Workers Killed Due to Driver Distraction" (2013). Kentucky Haz Alerts--Motor Vehicle. 5.