To prevent workplace violence:
- Assessment for workplace violence risks should be done in all workplaces.
- Workplaces should have policies that clearly delineate that violence is not appropriate during any workplace interaction and violence policies should mirror other workplace policies in terms of strategies for reporting and investigation of incidents, and progressive discipline.
- A clear and consistent reporting system for workplace violence should be in place and every worker should understand how it works.
- Safety training should be attended by employers, supervisors, and employees.
- Policy, training, and employee assistance for domestic violence should be implemented in collaboration with community service providers.
Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center, "Homicides in the Workplace" (2004). Kentucky Haz Alerts--Other. 8.