To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning,employers should:
- Train supervisors and employees to recognize symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning
- Provide first aid training, including what to do if exposed to carbon monoxide
- Review carbon monoxide prevention tips with their employees
- Report unusual behavior
- Know how to treat co-workers for carbon monoxide poisoning
- Carry a carbon monoxide detector to mobile sites Recognize signs of carbon monoxide poisoning
Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center, "Workers Die from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning" (2012). Kentucky Haz Alerts--Other. 1.