To prevent falls while working:
- Always use appropriate fall protection systems.
- Conduct a thorough assessment in and around the work area to identify existing and potential fall hazards.
- Both employers and subcontractors should provide comprehensive fall protection training for their employees, that is site specific.
- Place warning signs in front of work areas and around perimeters where fall hazards have been identified.
- Don’t place yourself in a potentially hazardous situation. Workers should always stay alert.
Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center, "While Working, Don't Take the Fall!" (2003). Kentucky Haz Alerts--Falls. 9.