To Prevent Arborists Injuries:
- Never allow an aerial lift to be used as a crane or material lifting device.
- All trees and limbs should be inspected for structural weakness such as rot, before work starts.
- Arborists should wear appropriate personal protective equipment while performing tree trimming activities.
Special Factors for Aerial Lifts:
- Do not exceed the boom and basket load limits specified by the manufacturer.
- When working from an aerial lift, use a body harness that is properly attached.
Kentucky Injury Prevention and Research Center, "Arborists Die After Falling" (2013). Kentucky Haz Alerts--Falls. 1.