Black Queer Love
- They met in 2012 at a local night club
- Love at first sight
- After 2 years of dating, the pair moved in together.
- In May 2015 while visiting Florence, Italy, Missy proposed to Kaila.
- They were married on April 9, 2016
Dr. Kaila Adia Story
- Native of Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Received her bachelors at DePaul University & her master & Doctorate from Temple University.
- Story is an associate Professor Women's & Gender Studies & Pan African Studies at University of Louisville.
- She holds the Audre Lorde endowed Chair in Race, Gender, class, & Sexuality Studies.
- Co-creator & Co-host of WFPL's Strange Fruit: Musings on Politics, Pop Culture & Black Gay life, a popular award-winning weekly podcast focusing on social justice and pop culture.
For more information about Dr. Kaila Adia Story's accomplishments and impact, visit "Kaila Story - Associate Professor," University of Louisville, and “Strange Fruit (radio program), Louisville, KY,” Notable Kentucky African Americans Database.
Schlondia “Missy" Jackson
- A native of Lexington, Kentucky
- Graduated from Henry Clay High School
- A personal fitness trainer
- Former National Entertainer of the Year (E.O.Y) 2012
- Drag King and goes by the stage name Mystikal and has traveled throughout the U.S performing.
- Mr. Bluegrass Black Pride King Emeritus 2014
Presented by Kentucky Black Pride, Inc.