This report is intended to summarize the results of a survey taken in the fall of 1981 entitled "Farming and Energy in the '80s". The purpose of the survey was to evaluate the use of energy conservation measures and alternate energy sources by Kentucky agricultural land owners. Specifically, the objectives were to determine:
- the size and type of farming operations of those surveyed,
- the type of energy conservation techniques being implemented
- the use or interest in alternate agricultural energy sources,
- the type of media and information sources used to obtain energy conservation information, and
- miscellaneous background information on attitude, income, age, and education.
Hiatt, Richard S., "Summary of Farming and Energy in the 80's" (1982). Agricultural Engineering Extension Updates. 63.