John C. Wyatt Lexington Herald-Leader photographs.
Branch of Manchester Street Library opened at Charles Young Community Center on East Third Street. (from left to right) Mrs. H. H. Rowe, director of The Recreation Board; Mrs. Harietta Jackson, librarian, seated; Mrs. Henry Hornsby, volunteer in charge of setting up branch; Mrs. T.E. Van Meter, executive secretary of Manchester Street Library, and Carolyn Johnson. 1940 June 26.
Image processed and enhanced by Jason Flahardy, University of Kentucky Libraries Special Collections.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.